Pulleys and Carabiners


We recently installed a zip line in our backyard.  There was a lot of talk about pulleys, so I thought I would install some in the playroom and let my son explore.  I have a few Command hooks on the ceiling from our Suspended Marble Run.  I used fishing line and tied up some pulleys ($2.00 from Lowes),  ran some rope through them (from the Dollar Tree), and attached a carabiner to one end.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did he love them, but there was way more learning going on than I anticipated - ever watch a 3 year old manipulate a carabiner?   He went through every bucket in the playroom - hooking, unhooking, using his imagination, etc.  He thought they were "so cool" that when Daddy got home, it was the first thing he showed him - with a huge smile.  :)

pulley

manipulating the carabiner

He loved this!!


"Look, Mommy, its a bucket of bones.  Im gonna take out a bone and be a doggy and you throw the bone for me and I'll fetch it."







Command Hook














You have read this article Rainy Day Play with the title Pulleys and Carabiners. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2012/09/pulleys-and-carabiners.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Pulleys and Carabiners"

Post a Comment