Frozen Meals

Since bringing our 3rd little bundle of joy into the world a few months ago, we are doing everything possible to stay organized and prepare as best we can.  I think our biggest struggle is having a decent dinner on the table every night.  I'm not saying we eat junk, but my day is just so much better when I know I don't have to prepare dinner.  Cooking dinner is my least favorite part of the day.  I'd much rather be playing!!!  My husband and I try to prepare as many meals as we can on his days off.

I thought I would start a thread on frozen meals.  I am not sure how I am going to organize this on the blog yet but I will figure something out.  In the meantime I am going to pin the meals on Pinterest.  

"Rules:"

1.  Please only give us meals that can be frozen
2.  Email your recipe to pahmmeals@gmail.com  **Please do not comment on post**
3.  Your recipe can also be a link if it's something off the internet
4.  Only send recipes that you LOVE and had tried yourself. 
5.  If your recipe is taken from somewhere, please source it
6.  When emailing your recipe write it in a form we can easily copy and paste into a blog post.

Submitted Recipes can be seen here PAHM MEALS

I hope this helps you spend less time in the kitchen and more time playing!!  

I will start with the first recipe.... my mom's stuffed shells.  Yum!  

RL  


STUFFED SHELLS

INGREDIENTS:

1 PACKAGE OF JUMBO SHELLS

MIXTURE:

1 CONTAINER OF RICOTTA CHEESE (32oz whole milk)
1 CUP GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
2 EGGS
6 TABLESPOONS OF PARSLEY
1 1/2 CUPS MOZZARELLA
DASH OF PEPPER
¼ TEASPOON NUTMEG
6 TABLESPOONS SUGAR



YOU ALSO NEED AN ADDITIONAL ½ CUP MOZZARELLA FOR SPRINKLING ON TOP.

SAUCE


DIRECTIONS:

1.     COOK SHELLS (AL DENTE… THEY WILL FINISH COOKING IN THE OVEN). 
2.     COMBINE MIXTURE INGREDIENTS
3.     FILL SHELLS
4.     SPREAD SAUCE ON THE BOTTOM OF 9 X 13 PAN (YOU CAN REALLY USE ANYTHING… SOMETIMES WE USE 2 SMALLER PANS AND USE THIS FOR 2 MEALS.  IT MAKES A LOT OF SHELLS.  3-4 SHELLS IS PLENTY FOR 1 PERSON.)
5.     COVER WITH TINFOIL AND FREEZE
6.     TAKE SHELLS OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE
7.     COVER WITH SAUCE AND BAKE COVERED AT 350 FOR 45 MIN
8.     TOP WITH MOZZARELLA AND BAKE AN ADDITIONAL 15 MINUTES UNCOVERED. 

You have read this article Food Recipes / Frozen Meals / Siblings with the title Frozen Meals. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2012/01/frozen-meals.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Frozen Meals"

Post a Comment