Transfer

My girls often travel to and from the art table, play kitchen, playroom sink, and bathroom sink.  I can't even tell you how many times they do this throughout the day.  They are always carrying pots and pans, tea cups, tea pot, etc.  By being present and watching their play it led me to this invitation.  


On the left hand side I have a big bin with various items:  balls, blocks, playmobil people, animals, play food, etc.  You can throw whatever you want in there.  The middle bin has water beads.  The white tray on the right is filled with various gems.  Laying across the floor are spoons/ladles of various sizes.  On the right side of the blanket I have clear empty containers of various shapes and sizes.  



A few alternatives for older children:

 Add stepping stones that they have to walk across. 


Another alternative.  This is an agility ladder that they can walk through without stepping on the "cracks".  You can also just lay a rope down to act as a balance beam.  


My 22 Month old was the first up and she went right for the spoons. 

"Mommy spoon, Daddy spoon, Baby spoon"





"Water beans!!"



After her initial reaction she stopped, looked around, and said "Mommy, you made a mess!"  LOL LOL!  She then proceeded to put everything away.  She literally put 80% of the invitation away.  I had to set the invitation back up for my oldest!  


Carrying water beads to the empty containers.



My oldest went straight for the water beads.  Always a favorite in our house.  


Nice and steady!  


This invitation was left out all morning and they visited it as they pleased.  

After breakfast my youngest thought it would be much easier to bring the empty container TO the water beads.....


and then dump it!  The stuff they can come up with on their own!  :-)  


My oldest loved giving her playmobil people "rides to the beach."  


Dumping animals.  

My 2 Month old in the background checking everything out.  



First, let me tell you my kids pick out their own clothes.  My 22 month old decided to go Rico Suave today.  

My oldest's solution to being able to carry more across??  Put them in her underwear!  Now that is some problem solving.  I just love watching their brains work.  

Yes, we used clorox wipes to clean them after they were done playing.  LOL  


Playmobil people on the "other side" in a plastic egg carton.  

While the older two were playing I was sitting down next to my 2 month old talking, singing, reading, and quietly observing.  

RL  


You have read this article Rainy Day Play with the title Transfer. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2012/01/transfer.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Transfer"

Post a Comment