Hammering Letters

Its no secret my son loves tools.  While he does not know his letters, he does show some intermittent interest in learning them.....very intermittent.  I thought I would set up an invitation for him that involved something he loves (tools) with something he doesn't love so much....to spark some interest.  I bought the letters from Walmart (they are stickers - and he's played with them before).  What I had in mind was a simple concept - just hammer some letters into the board.  Fun - he'll love that!



The invitation


 Well, sometimes things don't work out the way we plan them in our head.

  • "Mommy, we have more letter stickers."
  • "We do.  There is a hammer and nails, too."
  • "No, Mommy, stickers need to go on paper."

Yes - true form my child, true form.  I thought he would love the hammer idea but failed to think about how his personality would play a role in the invitation.



 I simply tracked his play as he played....not for EVERY letter, but for some.



- AK (MESE, MECD)
You have read this article Letters/Numbers with the title Hammering Letters. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2012/10/hammering-letters.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Hammering Letters"

Post a Comment