Candy Stores and Sledding



I have some glass candy that I put out as decoration during Christmas and my son has been exploring and playing with them every day.  As I was cleaning up the kitchen a bit he was upstairs in his playroom playing and I came up to this.....



  • Wow, what did you make?
  • Its a candy shop, Mommy....and it snowed outside so the people have to eat candy.  They all have one piece.  This one is blueberry, this one is...hmmmmm...maybe spicy, this one is strawberry, and this one is lemon.
  • I see.  They sure are lucky to have that candy.
  • Yeah....they are.  Mommy, would you like a piece of candy?
  • I sure would.  [he hands me a piece]  Thank you.  That was very thoughtful.
  • You're welcome, Mommy.
 [continues to play]

Building more of the "candy shop"




"Look, Mommy, she is sledding!"


 
 "She needs a snow hill so she can go super fast"


[out comes the rain gutter]
He added the poly pellets to the gutter to make it a snowy hill.  Then he had his playmobil people sledding on magna tiles.


 
 He put the boys arms up in the air as if he were on a roller coaster.  LOL  (love that detail)


 
 Then we made our own sled for the people.  I LOVE how he was being imaginative with the magna tiles at first and then asked if we could make a "real" sled.



 
 ...and they sledded down the hill


 
 After all of the sledding fun, he spent a good deal of time just playing in the snow bin making tracks with the sled.

**THE "SNOW" IS POLY-FIL PELLETS.  I BOUGHT THEM AT WALMART NEAR THE SEWING MATERIALS.  IT IS USED A FILLER FOR BEAN BAGS, DOLLS, ETC.**



- AK (MESE, MECD)



















































You have read this article Seasonal with the title Candy Stores and Sledding. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2011/11/candy-stores-and-sledding.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Candy Stores and Sledding"

Post a Comment