Redneck Waterbed

My son loves jumping on the air bubbles that are caught under the sheets on my bed when he pulls them in the air and brings them back down quickly.  I have also been trying to think of something different to do with the tarp from my BUBBLE BOY post.  This is what I came up with......our redneck waterbed (and may I just say that I love rednecks and the title is in no way derogatory).  He had so much fun and it lasted for a good 45 minutes before it sprung a leak!  Who knew Duct Tape was so strong!!??  I would recommend reinforcing all the side with extra duct tape.  I was so excited about doing it that I didn't take the time to reinforce the sides and make it really strong.  It probably would have lasted longer had I done that.

Basically all I did was use the tarp from the Bubble Boy post and filled it with hose water and blue food coloring.  Its like a giant sensory mat/squishy bag/waterbed all in one.  I had intended on adding things to the water....like fish or balls, but we got so caught up in the fun that I totally forgot.

THIS WAS MADE WITH ONE TARP (10' X 25' - 3.5 mil)
**MAKE SURE YOU FILL IT ON A FLAT GROUND**

This activity was created by Play at Home Mom and is copyright protected. © Play at Home Mom, LLC. Unauthorized use, imitation, and/or duplication of these pictures, activities, and material without expressed or written permission from the author and/or owners is strictly prohibited. All requests for content use can be directed here: Playathomemom3@gmail.com

watching the water pour in

touching the water as it splashes against the tarp

blue food coloring added....time to run

"Mommy, Im in water and I'm not getting wet."

Daddy had to check it out.

"I can see underwater."

:)

See how full it is?  It got even bigger but he got naked, of course, so there are no more pics.




- AK (MESE, MECD)
You have read this article Outdoor Play / Squishy Bags / Water Play with the title Redneck Waterbed. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2012/02/redneck-waterbed.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Redneck Waterbed"

Post a Comment