Bouncing Bubbles

This entire week my son has asked to play with bubbles after dinner.  The sun is lower, the weather is cool at that time, and there has been a nice breeze.  We have spent up to an hour making large bubbles and running around popping them.  I will always remember an experience I had with my Pre-K students years ago.  I found some unpoppable bubbles back then and we played with them in the classroom.  I remember their little fingers and heads being covered in bubbles.  The children LOVED them and I have always wanted to give that same experience to my son.  They still sell these bubbles, but they come in a TINY tube and they didn't work as well as I remember.  So.........in my quest to create some interesting bubble fun, I found a BOUNCY BUBBLE recipe (at Steve Spangler).  My son and I made it last night because it has to "age" for 24 hours.  I have to admit, it was a huge bust with him - LOL.  He had absolutely NO interest in it.  It was so cool, however, that I wanted to share it with all of you (so I lured in my other child....er....um....I mean, husband).  ;)

- AK (MESE, MECD)


Thing you need:
  • 1 C distilled drinking water
  • 1 Tablespoon dish soap
  • 1 Teaspoon of glycerin (I ordered mine online)
  • straw (this is just what I chose to blow the bubbles with, Im assuming you can use a typical bubble wand)
  • 1 clean glove (or sock) - (this is to keep the bubble from popping)

MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND LET SIT FOR 24 HOURS



 You can catch the bubbles

BUBBLE BOUNCING IN ACTION


You have read this article Rainy Day Play with the title Bouncing Bubbles. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2011/09/bouncing-bubbles.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Bouncing Bubbles"

Post a Comment