Sticks-n-Stuff (magnetic board fun)

My son loves his magnet board and I was thinking of a way to make it more creative - rather than the store made magnetic accessories he already has.  I used some recycled materials and other things that my son chose himself.  Its a simple idea and activity, but it lead to about an hour of play and creativity.  Enjoy!

- AK (MESE, MECD)

 Tops from containers, gems, popsicle sticks, magnet strip, scissors, super glue


I also used magnetic circles (for the gems).  I super glued these on the night before because I didnt want my son accidentally sticking his fingers together.


Super glue magnetic circles on gems


 Items added to board


 "I made a house"  (he asked me to help him make a house and I facilitated without taking over)


 "Its a flower and a house"


 "Now its a sunshine and a house."


 "I need to make a propeller and an airplane."


 "Look, Mommy, its an AIRPLANE with a propeller"  (this he did on his own)


You can even form letters (I did this after he was done playing to show a more "academic" alternative)

:)
You have read this article Magnetic play with the title Sticks-n-Stuff (magnetic board fun). You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2011/09/sticks-n-stuff-magnetic-board-fun.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Sticks-n-Stuff (magnetic board fun)"

Post a Comment