Satay Chicken

THIS IS SOOOOOO GOOD!  So good that my husband and my two year old want me to make it again tomorrow night!  I got this recipe from Deceptively Delicious.  Its so easy to make and if you prep before dinner, it only takes about 15 minutes (maybe even less) to make.

SAUCE
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 C coconut milk
  • 1/4 C sweet potato puree (for lazy people like me, they sell organic sweet potato puree in a can)
  • 3 Tbs creamy peanut butter (I used Almond Butter)
  • 2 Tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
  • 2 Tbs of fresh lime juice (about 1 large lime)
CHICKEN SKEWERS
  •   boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 3 and it was NOT enough - we all wanted more)
  • wooden skewers
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 2 Tbs olive oil
Put all ingredient for the sauce in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.  Set aside.

Cut chicken into strips and coat with salt, garlic powder, pepper, paprika, and olive oil.  Thread chicken onto skewers.  Cook 7-9 minutes per side in a large skillet.  Serve with sauce immediately.  [I used a grill to cook my chicken on.  This model is discontinued, but you get the idea.]

YUM!!

- AK (MESE, MECD)
You have read this article Food Recipes with the title Satay Chicken. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2011/09/satay-chicken.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Satay Chicken"

Post a Comment