Glow and Seek

My oldest LOVES playing hide and seek lately.  There are only so many places you can hide in our house.  It was starting to get a little old!  LOL  I set this up for my two older girls and I can't even tell you how many games we played.  So much fun!  

All you need are some things that glow in the dark.  We used luminary balloons, glow bracelets, glow necklaces,  glow sticks, and submergible lights.  I purchased the balloons and submergible lights at Walmart and the glow bracelets, etc. at the Dollar Tree.  

"Hide" your objects around the room and let the fun begin. 

Pictures do not do this justice!  



Our first round!  


Girls searching for their glowing treasures.


They decided to put the collected ones in the middle of the playroom.  


"I found four balloons!"


My oldest wanted to take a turn at hiding them.  When I came in the room to find them she kept saying "You'll never find this one in here"... while taking it out of it's hiding spot.  Too funny!  


Their collection.  


The glow necklaces then went on the front porch for Santa's Reindeer.  :-)  

If you freeze the glow sticks after use they will last several days.  Also, I noticed that the glow sticks from Michaels Craft Store and Target are not as good of quality as the ones from Dollar Tree.

RL 

You have read this article Adventures in the Dark / Rainy Day Play / Sensory Activities with the title Glow and Seek. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2011/12/glow-and-seek.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Glow and Seek"

Post a Comment