Pony Bead Ornaments/Suncatchers

We were all set to make some more GLUE CATCHERS the other day when my oldest asked to put beads in hers.  Sure!  This is where it led us.  It's kinda a combination of our glue catchers and WINDOW ART  I was not sure how these were going to dry but they came out great!  DIY fuse beads!  

Materials:
Wax Paper
Pony beads (translucent if you want to use them as a sun catcher)
Glue
Cookie cutter shapes

Place pony beads inside the cookie cutter.  Fill up with glue and let dry!  To prevent the glue from leaking, you can place a heavier object on top of the cutter to hold it down in place.  We filled ours up just enough to cover the beads.  These took a little while longer to dry... I think 3 days??  After they were dry we flipped them over.  Before popping them out of the cookie cutter, we gave them a coat of modge podge just to make sure they would stick.  I'm not sure if we needed this or not but my daughter was so excited about these I really wanted them to work!  




My 21M old filling hers up with glue.  She could care less about the beads.  She just wanted to squeeze!  


My oldest filling hers up with beads


Pouring glue over top


Finished...  Still need to dry them.


Dried and up in the window!  It was not sunny today but you get the idea.  :-)  To hang them we just cleared out a hole in one of the glued pony beads.  I used floral wire to hang them because we will eventually transfer these to the tree when it's up!  


Close up

RL 
You have read this article Clay and Crafts / Seasonal with the title Pony Bead Ornaments/Suncatchers. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2011/12/pony-bead-ornamentssuncatchers.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Pony Bead Ornaments/Suncatchers"

Post a Comment