The Arctic

Let me preface this by saying that I am aware that penguins and polar bears do not live together.  LOL  My son has been talking about polar bears a lot lately, so I asked him if he would like to create a polar bear habitat.  HE brought the penguin into the play.  Initially, I was going to set it up as a surprise invitation with a few polar bears, but he wanted to help so he did everything from filling up the containers for the "icebergs" to setting up the invitation and choosing the animals.  I actually really like it when he is part of the process.  Its a great time for dialogue and connection.  

With incredibly hot temperatures, ice play is always well received.  


WATER (with blue food coloring)
ICE
FAKE SNOW
 


Here are the containers I used to freeze the ice overnight. 



The penguin diving into the water.




So cool!!

ROAR!!!



- AK (MESE, MECD)


You have read this article Outdoor Play / SUMMER FUN with the title The Arctic. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2012/06/the-arctic.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The Arctic"

Post a Comment