CLEAN CLOUDS

The first time I saw this activity was actually in a photograph at a Reggio-inspired school where I was attending a conference.  We tried it at RLs house a few months ago, but my son was not interested that day.  For whatever reason, he is much more interested in activities when its just the two of us.  I named it clean clouds because that is what my son was calling it.  I have seen it several times and heard it called different names.  All you need is toilet paper, water, and a bar of Ivory soap  (sorry, I didn't do any measuring).  Its a great sensory experiment and if you add enough toilet paper (we used the whole roll) - you can mold it like dough.  My son particularly liked the smell and the way it "grew into a cloud" in the microwave.  I had 3 bars of soap and he wanted to microwave all three, so we did - it was his favorite part.

- AK (MESE, MECD)

 Water, toilet paper, Ivory soap
 opening the soap
 "It smells good...like clean things"
 microwave for one minute
 there was a little bar left, so we took off the first "cloud" and microwaved it for one more minute
 finished product
 tear the toilet paper and add it
pour in the water

 squish and squeeze and mold
 he wanted to add color, so he went to get his spray bottles of liquid watercolors
 adding color
 more squishy clean fun
he put it on the table to make a "mountain"
You have read this article Sensory Activities with the title CLEAN CLOUDS. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2011/07/clean-clouds.html. Thanks!

No comment for "CLEAN CLOUDS"

Post a Comment