Edible Paint

This is a "paint" I used in the classroom a lot when I was a teacher, particularly during Easter - because it dries shiny and with just one drop of food coloring, the colors are very pastel-like. Its edible (Holy SUGAR! - but I don't stress because my son doesn't eat a lot of sugar in general).  For those who are concerned about food coloring - Im guessing you can use natural dyes...

Food Based Dyes

I realized while doing this, that it would be great to use this for TALL PAINTING (putting the edible paint in squirt bottles)....

Tall Paintings


- AK



Clear plastic cups (Walmart), 1-2 cans of condensed milk (we only used 1), food coloring, shelving paper (optional - you can just use paper if you want).  Shelving paper is a great alternative to fingerpainting paper because it can be washed off and reused if you are just using it for sensory play.


Add food coloring.


Stir (he is stirring with a wooden skewer.  I cut some long ones in half because I use them to make him fruit kabobs and such - I saved the cut off part for activities like this.)



He liked the way it drizzled off the sticks - so he did some drizzle painting.  He said "it looks like lots and lots of snakes, Mommy".



Drizzle


He moved on to the paint brush - eh - not as fun


Its time to pour!


"That tastes like cake, Mommy.  Would you like to try some of my cake?"



Pretty cool when poured


He used the stick to run the colors together.



:)Food Based Dyes
You have read this article Edible Activities / Paint Play with the title Edible Paint. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2011/07/edible-paint.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Edible Paint"

Post a Comment