Dinosaur Discovery

It all started with THIS....


Dino egg with baby dinosaur
 ....a small dinosaur egg that my son "bought" with about 50 tickets he won playing skee-ball and a ball drop game at a local indoor play place.  He loves this thing.  I knew I had to run with it, so I made some dinosaur eggs with (Toobi) dinosaurs inside.  Here is the recipe I used:

  • 1 1/2 C dirt
  • 1 1/2 C sand
  • 1 C flour
  • 3/4 C salt
  • add water until a dough forms
  • form eggs around dinosaurs 
  • let dry for a few days (mine dried for 3 days....and could have used another day of drying)


THE INVITATION
storage container, cloud dough, rocks, sticks, container of water for a "pond", pine straw nest, dino eggs, scooper, magnifying glass, paint brush, pick, hammer


Using the hammer and pick to open the eggs

washing off the dinosaur - and his hands - LOL

He said the dinosaurs needed to stay in the nest until all of their brothers and sisters hatched.  LOL

Using the brush



Perfect timing!  I ordered my son a dinosaur egg on Thursday night.  I intended on putting it in his Easter basket, but it arrived today and since we were on a dinosaur egg roll, I let him have it. 
We had such a fun day!  


opening the egg that came in the mail


checking out the dinosaur bones



- AK (MESE, MECD)


You have read this article Clay and Crafts / Rainy Day Play with the title Dinosaur Discovery. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2012/03/dinosaur-discovery.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Dinosaur Discovery"

Post a Comment