Water Play for Infants

It's never to early to start water play with your infant.  

Water play is great for your child's physical, mental, and social-emotional growth and there is no right or wrong way to play.  

Here are few things that we have been enjoying with my youngest.  



Mini version of AK's REDNECK WATERBED

I used a regular trash bag for this and just taped the end closed with duck tape.  I did this inside so I didn't add food coloring for fear of explosion all over my carpet.  This worked fine but next time I will use a thicker plastic to be on the safe side!  My 4 month old loved loved loved this!  


So happy!  


Visual Stimulation

Colored water with mirrors.


Wow!  


Another alternative when they start to grasp bigger objects.  Fill up small jars that they can hold/shake.  Great for increasing vocabulary and color recognition. 

"Oh, you have the green jar!  You're shaking it... that looks like fun!  Do you hear the water swishing around?"    




Water in balloons.  

These are fun to hold and squish but we always like exploring new ways of playing.  We poked some holes in the balloon and let the water squirt out on my youngest.  

As you will see below all my girls loved this.  


My youngest thought this was hilarious!  I'm sure the water felt pretty funny to her.  


My 25 month old squirting herself.  LOL  


Fill up a tub/baby pool up with a little bit of water.  Let the splashing begin!  

These next two pictures are actually my OLDEST.  These are pre-pahm.  See any resemblance??


Colored bath



Squirt pool can be seen HERE

RL  



You have read this article Things to do with infants / Water Play with the title Water Play for Infants. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2012/03/water-play-for-infants.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Water Play for Infants"

Post a Comment