BLACK SAND AND LIGHT

I thought this kind of resembled a zen sand garden.  My 2 year old son said "Wow, look at the colors when I draw with my finger.  That's so much fun".  :)

You need a piece of plexiglass (Home Depot), Acrylic Paint (Craft store), paint brush, Black Sand (Craft store), and light table.  My son applied the paint with some help from me - its best to thin it out as much as possible (that was where I helped).  You can use glass paint, which is what I intended to use - but didn't make it to the store - so I tried acrylic, which worked fine.  (Im going to use glass paint next time).  Basically just paint the plexiglass, let dry, pour on some black sand, and play.  - AK

Plexiglass and paint

painting the plexiglass

black sand poured on

drawing


We also put it on the overhead projector
You have read this article Playing with Light with the title BLACK SAND AND LIGHT. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2011/06/black-sand-and-light.html. Thanks!

No comment for "BLACK SAND AND LIGHT"

Post a Comment