Homemade sensory board - I think it, Daddy builds it.

Having taught children with autism for 11 years, I knew there were great benefits to sensory integration.  I think when I had my son, I immediately started collecting things to put on a sensory board for him - LOL.  I wanted to include light, noise, and tactile items to stimulate the senses.  Several items are affixed with Gorilla Glue (super strong) and other larger items are affixed with screws or brackets.  He loved this board and I knew I was helping him learn about his world through his senses.  My husband purchased a board from Home Depot - any board will do. 

The pictures are not great because we built this board before Play at Home Mom LLC was even a twinkle in my eye.  LOL

Rattling the chain against the wood

TACTILE SQUARES



There are so many items you can include on a sensory board - and you can really cater it to the needs/age/interests of your child.  My son was only 6 months old when we built his, and I purchased a lot of items from the Dollar Tree, so we kept it pretty simple.  Latches, locks, and other fasteners are good options for older children.

- AK (MESE, MECD)



You have read this article Do It Yourself / Rainy Day Play / Things to do with infants with the title Homemade sensory board - I think it, Daddy builds it.. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2011/06/homemade-sensory-board-i-think-it-daddy.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Homemade sensory board - I think it, Daddy builds it."

Post a Comment