Stories and Light

My daughter LOVES to read.  She had a love for books from an extremely early age.  Don't get me wrong, I love reading to her (LOL) but.... I wanted to give her some other options other than sitting with me in the big bean chair reading story after story.  We do a lot of felt stories that she loves.  I thought I would bring in another element that was even more interactive.

RL   




Mouse Paint.  A favorite in our house right now. 





I used laminated tissue paper and cut out shapes.  I am not the best artist in the world so bare with me!  What was nice about these was that she could put the mouse directly in a colored puddle and his feet would actually turn color!  :-)  



There were three white mice on a white piece of paper...









Stories can also be made up with all sorts of different shapes. We've done flowers, clouds, houses, and clothing for people that I drew for her.  So many options!  




You have read this article Playing with Light / Story Time with the title Stories and Light. You can bookmark this page URL http://happychild2210.blogspot.com/2011/06/stories-and-light.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Stories and Light"

Post a Comment